Control a knight named Baldric and help in his quest to find the DragonStone so that the princess would marry him. Choose one of the two modes available (Casual or Expert) and play through the 80 levels that the game provides.
Old versionsSee all
“DragonStone” is a puzzle game, pretty easy-to-play (at least in the casual mode). However it has a rather elaborated story around it. Let’s know a little about it. The story tells that our brave young knight, Baldric, has fallen in love with the Princess and they are to be married. However, the King is not too fond of his daughter's choice and has other plans. He insists that Baldric must recover the fabled DragonStone before any wedding can take place. Legend has it that the stone will grant the holder untold power and with it the King hopes to restore peace and order in his Kingdom. Baldric gladly accepts the challenge and sets off to seek out the legendary DragonStone. The King is now in a win-win situation: if Baldric succeeds, he’ll get the magic stone. If Baldric fails, he’ll get rid of his daughter’s choice.
Needless to say that you’ll be playing Baldric, so it’s up to you if he fails of succeeds. Before you can begin your adventure you must meet with Maurice, the Kingdom's trusty Innkeeper. At this point, Maurice will make note of your name and your preferred level of difficulty. The game will automatically save your progress whenever you finish a puzzle. The available difficulty levels are: Casual, slower action screen, easier enemies and more time; Expert, faster action screen, harder enemies and less time.
The game basically consists in resolving puzzles on the way of Baldric. The puzzles are composed of balls of different colors, piled up in different ways. On the top of the screen you’ll have a shooter-like device with which you’ll shoot, or better said you’ll drop, balls. The colors of the balls to be shot varies randomly, so you have to select the best place to drop it according to the color. If you get to arrange matches of 3 or more balls of same color, those balls will disappear from the pile, and you can move forward.
When you first enter the game, you’ll see the welcome screen with the following options on it:
- Player Profiles: DragonStone™ supports player profiles which allow up to 3 people to play the game on the same computer. The active profile name is displayed underneath the crown. Click the crown to manage player profiles and to start an adventure game for a new player.
- Adventure Game: Join Baldric on his quest to recover the precious DragonStone™, this is the main game. Right click this icon to view unlocked game endings or to restart your current adventure.
- Puzzle Game: The Puzzle Game lets you replay puzzles from chapters you’ve unlocked in the Adventure game.
- Honors: View honors that you’ve unlocked. Honors are earned in the Adventure Game and the requirements for earning each honor are displayed on this screen.
- Options: Configure sound and display settings.
- Exit: Click to close the game and return to the desktop.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web.
About the system requirements, is not that big computer that you need to run this game. Take a look to the list:
- Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista
- Memory: 512Mb
- CPU: 1Ghz +
- Video: DirectX 8.1 or later compatible video card with 64 Mb Ram
- It’s an easy-to-learn game
- Affordable price
- Nice interface
- It’s available only in English
- It isn’t a multiplayer game
- Use on network is not supported